Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The ignitor on my Jenn Air Slide in Range is not working.

The ignitor on my Jenn Air Slide in Range is not working. JDS9860AAP. Is this something I can fix myself and how do I know which of the several ignitor parts to choose

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this is a dual fuel range ? which igniter isnt working ? all of them ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Duel Fuel, only 1 is not working and it can be lit with a match

okay this can only be a few things that can cause this. 1 the burner switch, Spark Ignition Switch 71002322 Main Product View 2 spark electrode. Spark Electrode 74004053 Main Product View or the spark module itself . Spark Module 74008821        Main Product Viewthe real problem with these is they are hard to work on. difficult to get to the parts and you would need to test everything with a multi meter to determine which is bad, on this unit I recommend a tech.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I know how to proceed now.

okay your very welcome. test the switch first under the knob for continuity if your going to do this yourself. Its the most likely culprit. have a great day. thanks. Bryan