Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an amana washer that needs a water valve, model NTW4500VQ1.

I have an amana washer that needs a water valve, model NTW4500VQ1. It calls for a W10140917. I am wondering if I can hardwire part #W10140918 in the unit. Will it work?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

i believe the original Valve has sensors for the temp on the valve and the one you want to replace it with doesn't, the extra wires run back to the temperature switch. since however this is not a digital control panel I'm not sure it will have an affect other than the temperature control may be off. in other words the temps may not set correctly. what I would do is order this @ they give you a 100% money back guaranty even if you install the part so you can always send it back if it doesn't work. they are the same voltage so it doesn't hurt to try. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan