Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore Elite Refridgerator model 795.77569600 is showing

My Kenmore Elite Refridgerator model 795.77569600 is showing an error message Er If (or 1F) can you tell me what this means and how I can repair it

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

that indicates a problem with the cooling fan.

Cooling Fan 5209JA1044A     Main Product Viewthis refrigerator has two fans, the one in the duct assembly picture above is the problem fan. this is in the freezer section behind the rear panel. remove the panel behind your food and this is in the left top corner. a lot of the time theres just frost in it and you can defrost it and it will run fine. if not heres a link to order it. its around $68.00 hopefully it just has frost stuck in it. thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems that you are not correct with your answer. I finally called a repair man who knew what he was doing. It seems that the fans are operating correctly but the circuit board that controls everything has a glich that the service man knew about.

It seems that I wasted $30.00 to get some bad advice.

did he have to replace a board? thats not what the service tech sheets said but if thats what It needed I'll have to watch for that issue. I've never seen a report one this model having a glitch, Did he come out and look at it ?