Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Load started to fill on my Neptune. It started flashing do and now it will not open. It ju

Customer Question

Load started to fill on my Neptune. It started flashing do and now it will not open. It just buzzes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem..Are you able to tell if there is water in the drum..? Is the buzzing coming from the door lock area..Or is it coming from the bottom cabinet area..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is water in the drum. The buzz is coming from the lock area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Am I going to get an answer?

Sorry about the delay..Can you tell me the model number for this unit..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where would I find this information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MAH5500B

Depending upon the model..If it is the later unit it will be on the top back area of the console..If earlier it will be on the door frame..Are you able to open the door..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. That is the issue. I cannot open the door.

First make sure the water level is not up past the door opening..Next open the dispenser lid..Remove the four bolts at each corner..Lift the dispenser and dispenser frame out..Look for the door release cord at the front inside of dispenser area..The release looks something similar to fishing line..Pull the release the door should open..Most common problem when this happens is either a door lock assembly out of adjustment or it is faulty...Post back let me know how you make out so far.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Heres is a diagram of the release..

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Perfect!!! The wash is washing

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Great Job On your part...!!!..Glad you are back up and running..Thanks Bob