Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Hi, I have a GE washing machine model WJRE5550K2WW and we recently

Hi, I have a GE washing machine model WJRE5550K2WW and we recently had to replace the load sensor because it would overfill with water and then get stuck never switching to the next cycle. After replacing the load sensor it seemed to be working but I went in to wash some laundry today and when I push the start button (it should start filling with water immediately) nothing happened except the soak and wash lights came on simultaneously and stayed on. If I close the lid the drum slowly starts rotating and I can hear clicking sounds. I am hoping you can help me figure out what is wrong. Thanks!!
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...If you have removed the water inlet hoses ..Checked for blockage in the hoses at the water inlet valve (valve is actually where the hoses connect to the washer)..And still have the problem..Then im sorry to say the washers control board assembly is faulty..just from the fact you stated the "The soak and wash lights stay on " a indication of a faulty control. The control cost around $90.00.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So I was trying to see what works and what doesn't on the washer and it will drain and agitate but won't rinse or spin (the washer is not adding water). Do you think there could be blockage inside of the washer somewhere? I already checked the hoses and outside connections and you said in your answer that it could be blockage?

When you say draining..How is the water entering the washer to drain..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I disconnected the hose from the washer connection and filled it manually

Ok great..I just wanted to be clear on that the washer was not agitating without water in it..If there was water in it and it was agitating ..Then you have a inlet water valve #805 problem..It can be accessed by removing the back upper control panel..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will check that out :) Thank you so much!

Not a problem at all..Good Luck on your repair..Thanks Bob