Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a 48" 25 year old sub zero 532 and the freezer is not

I have a 48" 25 year old sub zero 532 and the freezer is not working but the fridge is. Last time I had a technician here to replace the ice maker, he stated that my old boy didn't have much life left. Should I believe him and bite the bullet or should I get another technician out here? If i have to replace, can you recommend a quality seller for the best price. Many thanks
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today..Your best option would be to have a tech come out and inspect it first..Your problem maybe something simple..Then make your decision depending upon the tech findings..The 532 is a older unit which lacks efficiency compared to the newer units being made..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you. Sorry to be a burden but one more question if I may. My brother just called and said it could be the dog hair in the vent and I should pull the unit out and use an air compressor. Could this help? If so, because the freezer hasn't worked in over 2 months, would I have to change out the compressor?

Not a problem at all..On this unit the compressor Is located above the unit..You can check the condition of the compressor by removing the top panel..Then feel the freezer compressor..It should not be hot to the touch..If it is cold to the touch..This means obviously it is not running..Which could be a simple fix..If it is hot to the touch..Then you have a much serious problem(Faulty Compressor..Freon Leak Etc,).This is something you can check before calling a tech....Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or better before leaving today so that i may be credited through the system..Thanks Bob