Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I am trying to get the sprayer mechanism dismantled to recover metal screw dropped into di

I am trying to get the sprayer mechanism dismantled to recover metal screw dropped into dishwasher from pot during washer cycle. Also to clean any other debris.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the rest of the model number off the tag on the side wall inside the dish washer ? it will start with a 3 number prefix like 110,106,665 or some other combo . thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

665 15955791

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how far you have gone. so you can see the wash impeller ? the black part in this picture ?Impeller and Seal Kit(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can see the impeler.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

where is the screw your trying to reach? under the impeller? the screw you lost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe it is down under the white grid cover which surrounds the impeller.

However, I am also trying to clean the area of any other debris.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay is this what you need to remove ? Pump Filter(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
alright there are 4 more screws under the impeller. this can be a challenge ,you need to remove the impeller but need to be care they break easy. heres a video on how to do it.click this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Impeller-and-Seal-Kit/8193524/830831?modelNumber=665.15955791 if by chance you break it you can order a new one at the same link. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What size wrench and tool to get off the nut?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
to be honest I'm not sure, I usually use a crescent wrench. these are a pain because they get brittle after a few years and break easy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will have to locate a cresent wrench to twist the impeller and a socket devise to hold the nut. It may be tomorrow before I am able to complete the project and rate the reply.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay. well I know for sure to get that screen out you need to remove the impeller because there are 4 screws under it and then it lifts off.you can see the holesgraphic the impeller is right in the middle where the big glob of red is and extends out over the screws. let me know how you do, theres no other way to get that screen out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. the diagrams and video look very helpful...I just have to locate the right size socket and crescent wrench to proceed. I will rate when I have tried those. I found out why my credit card didn't go through...they were checking to be sure that I had authorized the charge from JustAnswer. When I responded to them, they authorized the charge and I was able to view your response. I hope that the $38 is the only charge. I don't want to be stuck paying $38 a month. I originally thought the service would be free..the advertising is deceptive. However, your information seems to be spot on and certainly worth a one time charge of $38 if I confirm every works as you suggest and I don't receive any other charges.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay let me know if you have any trouble, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.