Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore 70 series electric dryer serial number MF4936573

I have a Kenmore 70 series electric dryer serial number MF4936573 model/stock# XXXXX / 66722. The unit does not heat. I has been working perfectly till now. What I have done so far is reset the house circuit breaker. I pulled the back cover and cleaned lint. I tested the resistence of the heater coils and I got 9.3 ohms, I tested both thermostates on the heater box and I got zero ohms.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

okay so the top thermostat on the side of the heater doesn't have any ohms ? your sure? not the red and white one but the other one ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, if your speaking of this one, it reads 0 ohms

okay can you try this. i want to make sure your using the meter correctly. take the two wires off that thermostat (the top on the side of the element) and tape the two together, try the dryer and see if the element heats. can you do that?just make sure its unplugged when tapping the wires.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, the heater element came on

okay great. you need to order and replace these. Thermal Cut Out Fuse Kit - Part # XXXXX Mfg Part # XXXXX they come in a kit (both) heres a link to order them. good job ! thanks and best wishes, Bryan