Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

samsung model rb215lash refrig had power surge and everything

samsung model rb215lash refrig had power surge and everything went out. Replaced main board and still nothing

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

if you replaced the main control board and still have nothing working at all the transformer has blown which would make sense since you have a power surge. you would need a volt meter to test this however, also the other possibility on this would be the thermal fuse. you need a multi meter to do some testing, do you have one ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i do have a multi meter

okay forget the thermal fuse they had that marked wrong thats a temp sensor. what you need to test is the transformer. the power transformer. you should be getting 115 volts going in and the voltage out is DC so you need to check for DC voltage out. graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 115 volts going in and no dc voltage coming out and it looks like it should have 16 volts dc out so I assume the transformer is bad.

Thank you

yes it is. you will need to replace the transformer. its $22.50 at the following link, good job ! I hope I've helped, thanks. have a great day and thanks. Bryan