Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

the freezer compartment on my Model 596.76579600 refrigerator

the freezer compartment on my Model 596.76579600 refrigerator does not close tightly causing frost to form on the racks and mechanisms. The spring closers at the rear do not seem to work with the freezer door/cabinet assembly mounted on the rails. The spring closers do work when I remove the door/cabinet assembly. I suspect that I am not mounting the door assembly onto the slide mechanisms correctly. Do you have any detailed instructions regarding this issue. Thanks for your help..

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
In my service cases on this issue is that the bottom rails with bearings are seizing or slightly bent.
I always just replace them to correct the issue you are explaining. The part number for the left and right are the same number. Part# XXXXX
There is no instructions available from Kenmore on this issue. The Kenmore was built by Whirlpool, and they do not have any either. All they supply is a wiring diagram, parts list.

Also make sure your gasket is in great shape and not folding over too.

I hope this helps you correct your issue.
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.