Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi my smartload dryer haeter elements will not shut off after

Hi my smartload dryer haeter elements will not shut off after cycel completes.they stay hot till the reset breaker pops. I have no real code. Could this be a control modual? or other issues? thanks Grant

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this means the heater is shorted to ground. one of the wire elements has either sagged or broken and is touching the metal case, remove the element and test for continuity to the metal case its in. this will tell you for sure. if it is replace the element. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Bryan surething element coils broken shorted to caseing

Grant

your very welcome ,thanks and good job, please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get paid for helping you. thanks , Bryan