Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How install lower door seal part #4172127 on Kitchenaid dishwasher

How install lower door seal part #4172127 on Kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDR24SE without dissembling dishwasher door. Should replacement part snap into place?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this is the bottom seal correct ? goes along the bottom of the door ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. It's the strip that fits on the bottom of the inside door panel, not the seal the goes all around the front of the dishwasher body.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay yes that does just snap in place. you should see the groove that you slide onto the bottom of the door just line up the groove and press it up into place.if you have real trouble doing it the inner door liner comes up separate from the whole door.the door stays on and the inner part can be lifted up by removing the screws around the inside of the door. its best if you can just snap it on though. hope that helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like what I've been trying. There is a J shaped slot that seems to be the correct piece of the part that fits onto the lower door. But when I fit the groove above it onto the door, I am unable to rotate the part so that the slot fits onto the door.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay you may have to try lifting the inner pane so you have enough room.take the screws out around the door and lift the panel up. have someone hold the outer part down because its lighter with the inner skin off and tends to spring up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The screws have six-sided holes, not phillps head or slot. Is that an allen wrench style or some special Kitchenaid only screw?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
they are called torx screws and you can get a cheap set at lowes for about $10.00.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh, well. I didn't get the answers I was hoping to get, but I'll give you a decent rating anyway!

Cool