Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi- I have a GE side by side refrigerator with water and ice

Hi-
I have a GE side by side refrigerator with water and ice through the door and it stopped producing water. Any ideas?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get me the model number ? look inside on the side walls or the ceiling for a tag.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

GSH25JSXJSS

do you still get ice through the door ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

okay the electronic water valve is the issue. this is on the back of the refrigerator where the waterline from the house connects. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/WR57X10032/880070?modelNumber=GSH25JSXJSS for around $45.00. its easy to replace. hope this info helps. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me a little more about how you came to this conclusion so that I can explain it to my husband? What might have caused this to break on a refrigerator that's less than four years old? Thanks!

well I cant tell you why it broke ,it could be the valve is clogged(which you cant take apart to clean) your water could be contaminated which can cas a hard water issue.at any rate the reason I came to this concusion is these valves fail a lot.and your getting ice trough the door which tells me the dispenser is working.the vavle is a dual valve , one side for ice and the other side water. thats about all i can tell you. theres no way of knowing what caused it. thanks, Bryan