Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a whirlpool refrig/Model EED2FHEXNQ....now load when

Customer Question

i have a whirlpool refrig/Model EED2FHEXNQ....now load when motor kicks in, also seens likes it laboring......should I have this looked at?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, what is laboring ? the compressor ? or does it sound like a fan thats laboring ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does the fan run constantly? If so, it's the compressor. it is LOUD, and not a steady rythem,

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well there are two fans. one beside the compressor and one in the freezer, if your sure the compressor is the issue the only way to fix that is replace it which is very expensive and needs to be replaced by a licensed HVAC tech. is this laboring to start or while its running ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The laboring is after the motor (fan?) starts running...while it's running, the sound is very uneven...not sure how to explain it except that it seems to be working really hard. Could this be something other than the compressor?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay yes it may be something different then the compressor, next to the compressor is a condenser fan. can you unplug the fan and then plug the refrigerator is to see if the noise goes away ? if it does the fan is bad. if not the compressor is going.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will have to try that when i get home after work.....will get back to you.......thanks!

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know why i had to pay....you suggested things that would require me to take off the back panel of the refrigerator which I am not comfortable doing.....i still have to call out a repair person and pay for that service :(

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't aware you couldn't do this sorry, I try to help and do the best I can for a customer and do research. if you like I can price the different parts that may be your issue so you don't get taken by a tech. would that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess it couldn't hurt; thank u

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , the condenser fan motor is around $83.00 ,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
the compressor is $370.00 plus you have to consider the labor and freon if it is the compressor which could run you around $300.00 , I really wish this was an easy fix, sorry. thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The noise has now stopped.....should i be worried?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Did the fan stop ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'm not sure-i think i hear something kicking in but its very quiet

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
does the refrigerator seem to be working okay ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So far, so good

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay keep an eye on it , if the temp starts to rise let me know, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should I have someone look at the frig if I "think" the fan isn't running?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes if youve done everything you can you should call a service tech.. this needs electrical testing to locate the issue.