Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Frigidaire stove model #FEF366EMD would not shut off its

My Frigidaire stove model #FEF366EMD would not shut off it's burner yesterday. It continued to radiate heat as if it was on high for several minutes after turning off. I turned the control knob off and on several times and eventually it shut off. What would be the cause of this? I'm concerned this might happen again, and the power cord is obviously not easy to access. I would estimate the stove is about 5 years old. Thanks

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, What you have is a bad Surface Element Switch, (infinite switch) Surface Element SwitchNNN-NN-NNNNAlternate Product View which burner is it ? I will look up the correct switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is the front right burner.

okay great. this is the infinite switch you need. it around $42.00 and heres the link to order it. when replacing this just do one wire at a time and switch them to the new switch. mp;pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=R0606111&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0124111&searchModelNumber=FEF366EMD&subCompDesc=Backguard&brandDesc=FRIGIDAIRE&modelDesc=ELECTRIC-RANGE&blt=11&shdMod=FEF366EMD pretty simple job, you can do this yourself. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Excellent, thanks. Looks like an easy replacement, I've got the part ordered.