Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

dish washer door will not fully close

dish washer door will not fully close
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Does the door open past 90 degrees?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

do you have the model number?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

PDW8800LOOBB

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

HOw close does it come to closing for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

approx 2 in

Does one side or both sides seem to be sticking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

nothing is sticking, the door closes, swings up freely untill allmost in lock position then stops in soft resistance.

Sorry you have me STUMPED, there are bearings in hinges of this model, however to have both bad at the same time would be very unlikely, I am going to open this question up to other experts to see if they have an answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i think the lower basket could be the problem due to position. it seems to hit a vertical member in the back causing the front to stick out enough to hit the door before reaching the click position.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

If you take the bottom rack out completely does the door shut correctly ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

okay on this model the door latch catch bends , sometimes up and sometimes down. try bending this up a bit and if that doesn't work try down. these get caught when closing sometimes just a slight adjustment works. if not you will need to replace it. its around $11.00 @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WD13X10018/0022/363&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=WD13X10018 this is a common issue on these, they bend easy. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

bingo! maybe. latch is very hard to bend. not an easy bend.

fantastic ! sorry I wasn't on last night , Great to hear you got it , Please rate me 3 or above so I get paid for helping you. thanks and have a great day ! Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

problem fixed thanks bryan!

thats great ! glad to hear, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan