Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

I have a Monogram ZMC3000W. AT first the popcorn setting stopped

I have a Monogram ZMC3000W. AT first the popcorn setting stopped working and a year later the convection oven stopped working. Now the microwave does not work. The control panel acepts input and counts down but no microwave cooking. What component(s) is the problem

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance servicer since 1992.
If the timer counts down, but does not come on or heat. It is more than likely on of your door switches have fialed.

Appliance Parts :

Sorry pushed enter by mistake. Let me pull the manual up

Appliance Parts :

On the Sears diagram here the switches that have failed are either numbers 82 or 83 on diagram,

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Microwave-Parts/Model-ZMC3000W01/0432/0123245/G0303164/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

As far as the popcorn setting not working, i would say the keypad has failed on #68 on diagram.

I hope this helps you, please rate at least three stars if it does. Rating the answer does not close the question with me. I can come back and answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-5o2rlv2p- :

I just checked these two switches and they are working when checked with multimeter. Further information; I can set the cook time and power level (control panel is working for all functions EXCEPT popcorn??) but when I press start, the fan and magnatron are not functioning. DOes this help?

Appliance Parts :

if the door switches check ok, and it counts down, the control itself is the only thing that would cause it then.

Appliance Parts :

Part#WB27X0871

JACUSTOMER-5o2rlv2p- :

And do you have this part for replacement?

JACUSTOMER-5o2rlv2p- :

Never mind...just showed up.

Appliance Parts :

It is coming up no longer available. I have tried a few suppliers online....

Appliance Parts :

Core Centric on Ebay offers a repair only service. Got to Ebay, and click in your part number

JACUSTOMER-5o2rlv2p- :

Yep, saw the same thing. Will try ebay and Core Centric.

Appliance Parts :

no problem hope it works out for you

Appliance Parts :

Is there anything else i can help you with? If not don't forget to rate me. Thank u

Customer:

You recommended Core Centric to repair the "smart board" which is no longer available form GE. I did have Core Centric fix the board, installed it and my microwave is working perfectly again. Thanks for the referral.