Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Jenn-Air side by side Fridge Freezer model JCD2290HES.

I have a Jenn-Air side by side Fridge Freezer model JCD2290HES. The upper portion of both the fridge and the freezer sections are warm and the ice in the ice marker is melting. The bottom of both fridge and freezer sections are cold, the fridge side is so cold that the water cooler reservoir has frozen solid preventing any water to flow through the freezer door water dispenser. What due you think the problem is?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, can you hear the fan running when you open the freezer door ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fan in the back of the fridge is running all the time.

okay the problem is the damper assembly, # XXXXX on this diagram, this opens and closes to control the airflow, this is not working correctly and the air isn't flowing from the freezer. this is a common issue on this refrigerator. you need to replace the damper. heres a link to order it. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does the fridge have to be defrosted to perform the repair? If not will the frozen water cooler in the bottom of the fridge thaw out on its own once the damper is replaced?

yes I would defrost the whole thing if you can.what has happened is the compressor keeps running because there no air flow up top where the sensors in the refrigerator section . so thing freeze in lower sections, the fan running all the time will cause that.the airflow is in reverse in a sense, there are return vents at the bottom so that where the cold air goes, graphichope this helps, thanks Bryan