Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I have a GE Nautilus dishwasher. it is not draning the

Hi, I have a GE Nautilus dishwasher. it is not draning the water, but it spills outside. can you please advise?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

when you say it spills the water outside what do you mean ? do you have the model number ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, where can I find the model number? the water comes out of the slit of the door below

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, look inside the machine on the side wall. so it this overfilling ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the serial # XXXXX XXXXX

I don't think it is overfilling. But it is not draining the water

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I need the model number if you can, its on the same tag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

GSD3600G00ww

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay perfect, the first thing you need to check is the piston nut assembly. its # XXXXX on this diagram. its this, remove screws number 42 on the diagram and then the screen that runs across the back inside the d/w. number 543, then unscrew the piston . it comes out. check the rubber seal to see if it all corroded.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I am sick and cannot work on the dishwasher myself. I though you would advise me whether it is repairable, how much it will cost, and whehter you have a trusted resource to service it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
oh okay, sorry. well the part is only around $13.00 and its fairly quick to do so an average service call for that would probably be around $80.00 and this job is easy and any local repair company can do it. I really cant recommend anyone however. I hope this helps though, thanks and hope you feel better soon. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! XXXXX be charged the $30?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
only if you accept my answer , I'm sorry you cant do the job. well wishes and thanks, Bryan