Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have had a Kenmore Microwave Hood Combination since we bought

We have had a Kenmore Microwave Hood Combination since we bought it brand new in 2005. MODEL 721.80593 NOT ONE PROBLEM, EVER!

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, the oven is powered up, everything is fine BUT.....
NO HEAT IS BEING GENERATED! You put a glass of water in for 60 seconds and it comes out cold.

Suggestions?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, when you start this does everything sound normal ? (fans,the turntable turning )

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, no noises, no wierd sounds, no nothing! Right now he microwave still acts as if EVERYTHING is fine.All the command keys still function perfectly.

BTW-We have NOT had any major power outages or flooding, etc.

okay if everything sounds normal and the turntable is turning then we can eliminate a door switch issue, on these microwaves the magnetron only last about 6 years and then they fail. the magnetron is what heats the food. the part is around $60.00 but must be installed by a qualified tech. microwaves are dangerous to work on. they can store enough voltage to kill you in the high voltage capacitor. please have a technician replace this if you plan on repairing this one.thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

BRYAN-

Where do I buy this? Online fom SEARS in their PARTS Dep't???.

.

I assume the MAGNETRON I am buying MUST be EXACTLY the one

for my exact model, yes?

Don't worry- I will not attempt to do this myself.

heres a link you can order this, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Magnetron/2B71165R/1156691 just click the blue link. hope this helps, be safe and have a great weekend ! Smile, thanks, Bryan