Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE dishwasher PDW9280J00SS and after an 18 hour power

I have a GE dishwasher PDW9280J00SS and after an 18 hour power outage, the keypad only works when the door is shut and then not correctly. I replaced the control module with another bought off the internet and it still acts the same...is there anything else that would need causing control problems?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

if your sure the module you bought was good the only other thing that could be bad would be the touch pad(keypad) itself. its shorted.you would need to replace it.was the module you replaced new ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This happened once before and I replaced the module. The keypad behaved exactly the same way...the dishwasher beeps when the door is shut and the keypad lights up although the lights don't come on properly when you press them. Open the door and the keypad is unresponsive. I got the module off Ebay from a parts store rather than an individual, but off course, there is no returns...

okay so your not sure if it was new ? if it wasn't in a box it wasn't new and you cant trust things from Ebay unfortunately. the door switch in this only has one micro switch so I would count that out. its the control unfortunately. If your going to order the board (control) I would suggest getting it at http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WD21X10187/1028884?modelNumber=PDW9280J00SS they have a 100% money back guaranty even if you install it but I'm 99 % sure thats the issue. sorry for the bad news. If you told me the control was new I would stick with my original diagnoses but since you cant be sure its the board. sorry. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks! I couldn't see anything else that it could be, but I am not an expert so I wanted to check before I bought another one. Thanks for the referral for the part WITH the return policy!