Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Can someone tell me how a wax motor for soap dispenser works

Can someone tell me how a wax motor for soap dispenser works on the whirlpool/Kenmore/KitchenAid dishwashers??? And is there a way to test them if there good or bad??

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JDB1255AWB it a model number for JennAir.

it more of a general question about the wax motors

okay, I was hopping to bring up a picture of the wax motor in the dispenser itself but theres none available. I pulled up a general dispenser (whirlpool) and put a red arrow where the wax motor or solenoid looks like , they use both solenoids and wax motors but since I cant find a picture of you I cant be sure. graphicthis is the solenoid type, you can put 120 volts to the solenoid to see if it engages. can you get to the dispenser inside the door ? take the screws out around the inside of the door and lift the panel up ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I know how the solenoid ones work. But not understanding how a wax motor works. From my understanding they work off heat, But not 100% sure on the source that told me that.. And is there away to test the wax motors???

okay well a wax motor is a geared motor, there are gears inside and this turns very slowly.it doesn't work of heat if you talking about this type. now there is a different type of dispenser actuator. which is a bi metal type. I really cant tell you how to test that though. they flex when heated to release the latch.whats going on with yours ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cool. thanks for the help

your welcome, thanks and have a great day ! Bryan