Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

How do you replace the light in the microwave of a Whirlpool

How do you replace the light in the microwave of a Whirlpool RMV305PVQ double oven?

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since since 1992 for Whirlpool.
The model number is XXXXX coming up as valid. Can you recheck the model number directly off the appliance itself? Should be located inside the oven door cavity or frame of oven in front.
Thank you

Customer:

RMC305PVQ00 is the correct number.

Customer:

The part number for the lamp is w10440740.

Appliance Parts :

Great thank you, XXXXX XXXXX pull it up, be right back

Appliance Parts :

Ohh man, we did this job like this one last week. You have to pull the whole wall oven out. Removing all top components, serveral countless screws to access the replacement halogen bulb. It took me 1 hour and half with another tech to do this repair. It is almost not worth it at all to have to pay to have it replaced. There is no other way to gain access to the bulb without a total tear down to get to it.

Customer:

The bulb is very costly by itself. I can do the work but I was hoping to not have to pull the whole unit out. I'll need to get help for that since it looks to weigh 100+ pounds.

Appliance Parts :

Yes you have to remove all the way out, to remove the rear screws to the top. Then by removing the top bottom base after removing the wiring all up top out of the way.

Appliance Parts :

Then the bracket that holds the bulb is like spring clipped in, which you would need to pay attention to on how it is secured in to re put back in place.

Customer:

Bummer, thanks for the info, maybe I'll just hang a flashlight next to the unit.

Appliance Parts :

I wish i could show you a service manual, but they do not offer one for this model. We have to call into techline team for help on this model when needed.

Appliance Parts :

Good luck to you,
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.

Customer:

Thanks