MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS

Maytag Model #MHW2000AWW SN #(NNN) NNN-NNNN Not spinning out !

Customer Question

Maytag Model #MHW2000AWW SN #(NNN) NNN-NNNN Not spinning out ! All 4 safety's, door switch, Doorlock spin enable switch, All ohm out good ! No 120 volts to the wax motor, R11 resistor and control board fuse good. I am getting 120 volts to YL36 and 96.5 on RD23 the opposite side of the Door dock spin enable switch ?
I 'm thinking motor control board ??
PLEASE HELP!!!
Ron,
X-XXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
cell XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 1 year ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Have you unplugged the JP4 connector on the motor control to see if it tumbles?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try this now and get back to you.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does tumble for a couple seconds the shuts off.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

It should keep tumbling at 50 rpm, you need to replace the motor control on the unit to repair it...

.

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

.

.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This will keep the wax motor from receiving 120Volts and I am still concerned about getting 120 volts and 96.5 volts on the other side of the door interlock switch ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The info for the motor to turn comes from the control board at the console, when you unhooked the JP4 connector and it only turned for a couple of seconds instead of running at 50 rpm and staying there, The motor control sends the feedback to the control to tell the door to lock.. I would almost bet money on the motor control of the unit causing the problems that you are having with the unit...
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas,

I purchased and installed a new motor and control board kit and the washer does the same thing !!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I would like another technician to review the chain of communication and help resolve the problem with my stack Maytag unit. I just spent $214.00 and at the same place I started !!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I'm still waiting for another reply or another technician. WHAT DID I PSY FOR?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
No power to the wax motor means the MACHINE control board is bad as long as the microswitch on the door latch is actuating when the door closes and all the wiring connections are good. The motor control board has nothing to do with the door locking initially, so you were given a wrong answer. Just because the board looks fine does not mean it is- if everything were that easy then everyone would be fixing appliances.

I do this for payment just like all the other experts and you can recall the payment you made here for a wrong answer and apply it to me if you see fit so this will not cost you a dime more. You can probably unload those new parts on ebay for close to what you paid as there was nothing wrong with them.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MRANSWER,
I will try your suggestion and if the door micro switch is the source " I will recall payment and apply it to you.

Re: " You can probably unload those new parts on ebay for close to what you paid as there was nothing wrong with them."

As stated above I have already installed the new motor and control board.

Thank You !

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
I read what you replaced. The MACHINE control board is NOT what you replaced. Thanks