Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

I have a Thermador SC302ZS double oven. The upper oven heats

I have a Thermador SC302ZS double oven. The upper oven heats up but not over 285. The lower element on the upper oven seems to not be heating all the way. The lower over works fine. If I set both ovens at 450 the lower element on the bottom oven gets red hot and the lower element on the top oven gets hot but not red.

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance servicer since 1992.
You either have a bad upper oven sensor or main control issue.
Do you have an ohm meter so we may walk through some ohm test?

No, I do not have an ohm meter

Appliance Parts :

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, but the volt/ohm meter would be the only way to determine the correct solution to the wall oven. If you want to part change i would change the main board and the sensor.
This would solve your issue either way.
Thermal sensor kit # XXXXX
Board kit# XXXXX

Do a Google search for best pricing.

The board can be replaced by removing the wall oven out and removing the top. And the sensor can be replaced by finding the probe in the upper oven and pulling out forward after removing screws.

Hope this helps you
All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.