Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

I have Jenn air model cce 3530w that has a problem with the

I have Jenn air model cce 3530w that has a problem with the halogen element. when it is switched on the outside of the element gets extremely hot immediately but the center does't lite up. I assume the element is bad. However when I tried to order one it was listed as NLA What do you suggest? Is there a sub. for this part ?

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance servicer since 1992.
Have you taken out the element to inspect for any shorts?
There is no subs per factory. The switch could cause this same thing also, but it is available.
Take and remove the top from the base with power off, and check for the visible short on the burner.
And let me know

I removed the top & checked the burner. It looked ok. I checked continuity on the elements which checked ok. I noticed that the switch for the halogen burner was identical to one of the other burners so I switched them. Now all is well. Everything is working ok again, including the back burner that I installed the supposedly defective switch. I don't have a clue as to what was wrong but if it continues to work I can live with that. Thanks for your response & if you have any idea why it works now with what I did please respond.

Is all your burners working now? Or just the one you switched?