Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just bought a Maytag gas stove SKU #(NNN) NNN-NNNN Model #

I just bought a Maytag gas stove
SKU #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Model # XXXXX [MGR8670WW/WGASRN
I tried to bake yesterday and after I got the temp. ready I pushed the start button and held it down and it went into lock and now I cannot get it out of lock. I cannot find the instrution book can you help me get it out of lock.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, let me pull the model number and I'll be back shortly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you . I have to leave at the computer at 7:45 am . You can call me with the answer and I will try it when I get home this afternoon. And get back with you. Thank you for responding so quickly.

Marietta

okay try this.

To reactivate the control, press and

hold

Cancel and Cook & Hold pads

for 3 seconds.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am home now. I do not have cook & hold pad. I only have cooking time. and a delayed,

bake,

broil,

clock,

warm,

self-cleaning,

start,

cancel and the + & -

okay, try stop time and cancel buttons both at the same time for 5 seconds or bake and cancel keypad.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I got it now. I don't have a stop time button but I tried the bake and cancel keypads at the same time. That did not work but I pushed the start button again and held it for 3 seconds and that worked.

So to start it and lock it push the START buttons for 3 seconds and to UNLOCK push the START button again for 3 seconds. Thanks for helping me to work the though the process.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So to start it and lock it push the START buttons for 3 seconds and to UNLOCK push the START button again for 3 seconds. Thanks for helping me to work the though the process.Laughing

Thats great, there are like five different controls for these, the T1,T2,T3 and so on we had to see which worked for you. good job! thanks and best wishes, Bryan