MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

I have a Whirlpool quite 2 partner and have replaced the logic

I have a Whirlpool quite 2 partner and have replaced the logic board 3 months ago with same problem I have now, pots & pans
light and normal light flashing again. Reset did nothing, I believe this problem comes from the power company , I live in the country and we have momentary breaks in the power from time to time for just a millisecond then back on. I know at these two times there was that event and then it quit working. The cost of the part around $150 , can't keep this up. I have called the power company and they came out looked it over and trimmed some trees by the lines still have this problem from time to time.
This power brown out has gone for the 12 years we have lived here with out problems till now. dishwasher is 3 years old, could
put it on a switch but that doesn't protect it while its working! any ideas?
Your touchpad is going out here- not the control. When you replaced the control you needed to disturb the ribbon connector for the touchpad and that is sometimes enough to make the unit work for a while as that movement can be enough to clear whatever is making it short, so that is why it worked when the control was replaced. These units flash the lights above selections that the control senses as 'stuck keys'.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So are you saying the other logic board was good and I just got rid of the temporary short by unplugging and re plugging the key pad cable?

The brown outs just happened the same day the unit malfunctioned each time? I am just trying to understand this whole problem. I should then be able to unplug key pad and reconnect it and maybe the short will clear for awhile? How can I determine the exact fix for this on going problem

Yes, that is probably the case here in my opinion. The symptoms typically indicate the problem as I outlined in my reply- the stuck key.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, but if I replace key pad will this solve the possibility of the short if in the ribbon? Is the ribbon cable part of the key pad assembly? The parts place I got the logic board from told me if the power reset didn't work the board was bad, the key pad showed bad with other symptoms! I am just explaining why and what I did.

The ribbon is all part of the touchpad. It is incorporated into the console, so that is how it comes. I still believe the touchpad is bad here. Buy it from as you can return it if I'm wrong here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its not I don't think your right as I have no idea what knowledge or experience that person had or if they were just looking at a trouble shooting flowchart . I will order keypad and install it, all should be good. What confused me was the power outs on the same days when it quit. But the

dishwasher has seen this for 3 years with no problems till this summer.

Our stove gives flashing power out lights on all burners till reset and that has happened many times in the last 10 years so I was puzzled . Thanks

If I still have issues after the key pad replacement how does this work for getting more help? Thanks and have a good night

Just post back if need be. I rarely have boards go bad- touchpads fail far more often. You don't even need to install the console when you get it- just plug in the connector and see how the unit responds. Thanks