MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

We have disassembled our LG WM2016CW front-loading washing

We have disassembled our LG WM2016CW front-loading washing machine in an attempt to replace the spider. We've gotten to the point of removing the front part of the outer drum but we cannot remove the back of the outer drum from the inner drum. Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
Looks like the bearings and shaft have corroded and are now seized up- you'll need a new rear tub or a whole new washer now depending on how much money you want to spend here. There is no magical way to free parts that are seized up like these are. I am an LG authorized tech and have worked on hundreds of their products, so i know what I am talking about here. The basket would pull right out if the bearings and shaft were intact.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So we should look at replacing the tub, spider, rear outer tub and bearings? Now my husband wants to bang the heck out of it to see if he can get it out. Probably useless, right?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
The bearings are incorporated into the rear tub- you cannot buy them alone. So you need all 3 pieces now unless you cut into the tub to unbolt the basket from the spider. Bang all day if you want- I doubt it will do anything productive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, so how would suggest cutting the tub and can you recommend a good source from which to buy the spider and tub? I'm looking at Sears Parts Direct but they seem to sell every single part--even the three parts of the bearing--seperately.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.

Use a hole saw to get to the place where the bolt goes into the tub; only 1 hole is needed as you can rotate the basket as needed. Parts can be bought anywhere from an LG parts seller, but Sears tends to be the most expensive. Shipping on that tub can be high because it is an oversized item. Check ebay.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oh! My husband banged it out with a hammer! Can I find a local LG parts dealer through Google?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
Bearings may still be worn- putting in a new spider with bad bearings will ruin it soon. I don't think you need me as an expert to tell you how to find part suppliers for LG,but I am sure Google will reveal what you need.

I have answered everything about this issue and positive feedback would be appreciated at this point.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should the spider lift right off of the basket after we remove the screws from the side?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
yes, it's quite obvious how it connects
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great, thanks. We got it out but it was stuck so we weren't sure if there was another connection we were missing. I think there's just a pretty good amount of corrosion with this in general. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
Good luck here. thanks