Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have A Kenmore Elite model #795.77563600 and serial # XXXXX

I have A Kenmore Elite model #795.77563600 and serial # XXXXX , Recently give me this error code in the display screen Er IF . And I have tried to gen an answer from the manual book but I did not find anything related to this error code. Please can you help me. Many Thanks. Sam

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon.The Er IF means your ice maker fan has failed. your refrigerator has two fans one is the duct fan which blows cold air into the ice maker assembly. Its located in the freezer section behind the back panel.hope this helps, thanks BryanCooling Fan 5209JA1044A     Main Product Viewyou need to order and replace the fan assembly. the fan assembly is part # XXXXX on this diagram .

I see your trying to get back to me on the fan,this is semi difficult, you would need to remove the back panel inside the freezer to get to this but its difficult because this is a bottom freezer hard to work in.if your unsure a tech is the best way to go, probably run you around $80.00 for service. hope that helps, thanks , Bryan