Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

I have a lg gas convection oven about 4yrs. old. When i use

I have a lg gas convection oven about 4yrs. old. When i use it as a convection oven, the fan goes on and off every 4 or 5 seconds. Is this normal for a gas convection oven? I also notice when the fan shuts off, the burner turn on and when the burner shuts off the fan comes on

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, please continue.

Hello Don:

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance service since 1992.
Can you supply me the model number off the range itself. Should be in the lower drawer frame or inside the oven door frame.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model # LRG3095SB/00

The fan motor for convections is designed to stay on once the oven has reached the preheat temperature. If it is dropping out on the fan every 4-5 seconds, then there is only 2 things it could be is either a loose connection at the fan motor or on the board. Or a faulty relay on the control board itself. If the connections are tight, then i would change the main control part #EBR73811702 which can be easily replaced by unplugging range removing the rear panel and replacing the board. The fan motor connection can be found by removing the very back of the complete range panel, and checking connections there.
I hope this helps you!

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr Appliance, A repair service for ABC Warehouse came out and exchange the relay board. Every thing seems to be ok. Thanks for every thing.

Thanks, i am glad it worked out for you!