Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

samsung super jumbo WT13J7P twin tub washing machine

We have a samsung super jumbo WT13J7P twin tub washing machine. When you spin the spinner, then water drains from the washer. Previously you could wash and spin at the same time without water draining from the washing in the washer. Please help!

Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I prevent the washer from draining the water in the washer when the spin dryer is on? Only the spin dryer should be draining water from the spin dryer and not from the washer.

The washing machine is already 3 years old and has been able to drain water from the spin dryer without draining the water in the washer. What other information is required?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I still need help. The washer selector is on WASH and the spin dryer clock is ticking with the spin on. The problem is that the water is draining from the washer, not only from the spin dryer.

What other info do you need?

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your washing machine, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Rachel

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will wait a little longer. Thanks.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

On the center of the conrol panel, there is a knob at the center which selects wash/rinse and drain.
Now, please remove the back cover and tell me if this switch is electrical or a mechanical type where it is attached to a string that pulls a plunger from a drain mechanisim.

If this is your type, the usual problem with this kind of drain mechanisim is the plunger not seating properly against the drain mechanism hence water is leaking out at the wash/rinse cycle.

You can remove the string, dis assemble the drain mechanisim, clean the plunger from lint that could accumulate around the plunger from time of usage, and assemble it back.

Make sure that when you set the knob to drain, the plunger is being pulled to let water out or else, water would be stuck in the washer.
On this drain mechanism, the water from the spinner just freely comes out of the drain hose. Only the water from the washer are controlled.

In case the switch on top is an electrical switch, then there is an electric solenoid that activates and pulls the plunger form the drain mechanisim.
Again, just clean the plunger in the drain mechanisim.

-
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, thanks very much for the response, however unfortunately I am currently out of town, so you will have to be a little patient with me until later in the week for me to follow your answer when I am back at home. I will respond as soon as I am able to complete your procedure.

No problem, just post back what ever the result this week end.

-