MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

Hi I have a Kenmore model# XXXXX and has stop making

Hi I have a Kenmore model# XXXXX and has stop making ice. There is no water in the compartment where the ice is made. Could it be that I need a Dual valve assembly
Guessing solves nothing. Icemakers fill when they cycle, so it is not cycling anymore or there is a fill issue if it is. Simply fill the mold and see if ice drops in a few hours. If it does then the fill valve and fill spout would need to be looked at as possible issues. If it does not drop then replace the icemaker. There is nothing odd about an icemaker failing- that is why they sell new ones.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I will manually fill the mold and see if this is my problem. That valve is like $65 I dont want to part it out to fix it.

Don't replace anything until you know what is wrong. Post back if the ice drops and I will advise as needed. You know what to do if it does not. If I am off-line I will catch you tomorrow if needed.