Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do i reset my kitchenaid dishwasher? Lights on control

How do i reset my kitchenaid dishwasher? Lights on control panel wont come on. Its model number kude40fxss1

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, is everything completely dead ? no lights no power at all ? no beep when you press any buttons ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. No beeps. No power
okay. the first thing you should do is check for power at the junction box in the dishwasher itself. do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No
okay well on these machines there are a few things that will cause this.unfortunately its not a matter of reseting the machine. heres a list of possibility's, 1 at the junction box behind the access panel under the door in the front the machine has wire nuts connecting the power. check the wire nuts and remove them and check the wiring connection. (shut the power off at the breaker first) the junction box cover is number 20 on this diagram. 2 number 3 on this diagram is a thermal fuse. its inside the door. if this is blown there will be no power to the control board. (with the power off) bypass this and see if you get power then. if not the control has failed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can u resend images 1and 2 in a new format. Im on an ipad and cant open them
the best I can do is send the link to the diagrams so you can open them. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kitchenaid-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/Model-KUDE40FXSS1/0593/0130000?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=KUDE40FXSS1 just click on the blue link.