Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Help! My maytag bravos washer has been giving me the "Ld"

Help! My maytag bravos washer has been giving me the "Ld" error code... and will not drain the water. So I unpluged the machine and tried to change the setting to "drain and spin". It still will not drain. So I scooped out as much water as I could and took out all the clothes but it still won't drain. Left it unplugged overnight and tried to start a new cycle...NOTHING. I can hear a faint humming sound coming from the washer but that's it. Is this a pump issue or something bigger?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the Ld error means long drain. can you get me the model number so I can look up the diagrams ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model: MVWB700VQ0

serial: C01970096

okay great ! most likely you have something blocking the drain pump. this is common on this machine. now heres a video to show you how to replace the pump. (use this video to see how to access the pump) remove the pump and check it for obstructions. if you don't find any replace the pump. you can order it at the same link. heres the link. this is an easy job and you can fix this yourself. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Bryan...your help was RIGHT ON! and you were right...I was able to fix this saved me more than a hundred dollars! Well worth the fee here and it was FAST....Thanks!

your welcome, have a great day ! thanks Bryan