MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

Maytag AFI2538AEW control panel lights flashing and ice maker

Maytag AFI2538AEW control panel lights flashing and ice maker "popping." I realize the HV control board is likely bad and I have one on order. However, my wife can't standing the popping noise. Which jumper can I disconnect on the dispenser board (the one with temp numbers) to stop this noise BUT still allow my refrigerator to cool? I disconnected J3 but it appears the upper part of the refrigerator is not cooling very well but the freezer appears to be fine.
Take off the left side hinge cover and unplug the wire harness under it. The fridge will work just fine until you replace the board. Put everything else back as it was.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is the left side hinge cover the top hinge cover?
Yes-there is no other cover on the left
So, what else is needed here? Positive feedback is appreciated for getting you a prompt, correct answer to what you needed to know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm good. Thanks.

Great. thanks