Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE Profile dishwasher Model # XXXXX will not stop

My GE Profile dishwasher Model # XXXXX will not stop running and the time remaining shows 888. I am unable to reset or stop the machine.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Give me a few minutes if you would to take a look at the specs on this machine. I'll be back shortly. thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks---hope you can figure it out

okay the first thing to do is shut the power off at the circuit breaker for 30 seconds and then restore the power. see If the machine resets. let me know, I'm pulling up parts right now, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After turning off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds, the dishwasher control panel now says auto, time remaining still says 888 and it still keeps running.

okay, thats not good news unfortunately. theres no reset on this one and the control has failed. the control is the electronic module inside the door.its part # XXXXX on this diagram. this will need to be replaced. It is available at the following blue link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/GE-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/WD21X10439/0022/363/Model-PDWT480V00SS/0432/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&doc umentCompId=G1203674&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0130000&searchModelNumber=PDWT480V00SS&subCompDesc=Escutcheon%20&%20door%20assembly&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=DISHWASHER&blt=11&shdMod=PDWT480V00SS remove the screws around the inside of the door and lift the inner door panel to access this. sorry for the bad news, I hope this info helps though, thanks and best wishes, Bryan