Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Whirlpool Cabrio washer wont drain. It stopped on the

Customer Question

My Whirlpool Cabrio washer won't drain. It stopped on the drain and spin cycle. I cancelled the operation and it would not reset so I unplugged the washer to get it to clear. I left it unplugged for 30 seconds and then retried the cycle, again non responsive. I repeated this operation on various settings and it does not respond to any.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chas,

The Model and Serial # XXXXX: WTW6600SW2, CU2072557, respectively.

I was doing laundry this morning and the clothes went through the wash cycle and I noticed that it was stuck on 13 minutes remaining and it did not appear to be finishing the drain, rinse and spin cycle. I hit the pause/cancel button and it flashed but would not cancel. It continued to flash and the only way to get it "unstuck" was to unplug the machine. After it cleared, I tried to restart the cycle (from the beginning) and again, it was stuck, not filling with water, only "humming". Again, I tried to cancel and the machine flashed and would not cancel. I unplugged the machine again to get it to clear. It turns on, has power but does not respond to any of the cycles.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Did the letter LD come up on the display at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, only the time remaining on the cycle came up. When I restarted the machine, the cycle time came up for that as well but would not start the process. As an FYI, I was washing hand towels from our shop and it created a lot of lint in the bottom of the washer. I have taken the towels out of the machine, there is approximately 1 inch of water remaining in the tub and a significant amount of lint. Could there be some type of blockage in the machine tub itself? The censors seem to be working becase when I left the lid up on the machine, it was beeping and displayed "lid".

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Your problem is classic for a clogged drain or drain pump, I would remove the drain pump to see if it blocked up, if clean then I would remove the inner tub to see if a rag went over the top and covering the drain port, I have seen this a lot on these cabro washing machine.

.

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

.

.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX tell me where the "drain pump" is and or how I remove the inner tub?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Here is the drain pump

Drain Pump W10536347       Main Product View

.

.

Here is a video on how to replace it, which will show you how to get to it,. Click on the bule link below to watch it.

.

Click_here

.

I will look for something to show how to remove the outer tub

.

.

.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Here is a video on removing the inner tub for you

..

Click_Here