Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Why is my Whirlpool Cabrio washer not draining?

My Whirlpool Cabrio washer won't drain. It stopped on the drain and spin cycle. I cancelled the operation and it would not reset so I unplugged the washer to get it to clear. I left it unplugged for 30 seconds and then retried the cycle, again non responsive. I repeated this operation on various settings and it does not respond to any.

If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The Model and Serial number are: WTW6600SW2, CU2072557, respectively.

I was doing laundry this morning and the clothes went through the wash cycle and I noticed that it was stuck on 13 minutes remaining and it did not appear to be finishing the drain, rinse and spin cycle. I hit the pause/cancel button and it flashed but would not cancel. It continued to flash and the only way to get it "unstuck" was to unplug the machine. After it cleared, I tried to restart the cycle (from the beginning) and again, it was stuck, not filling with water, only "humming". Again, I tried to cancel and the machine flashed and would not cancel. I unplugged the machine again to get it to clear. It turns on, has power but does not respond to any of the cycles.

Did the letter LD come up on the display at all?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, only the time remaining on the cycle came up. When I restarted the machine, the cycle time came up for that as well; but would not start the process. As an FYI, I was washing hand towels from our shop and it created a lot of lint in the bottom of the washer. I have taken the towels out of the machine. There is approximately 1 inch of water remaining in the tub and a significant amount of lint. Could there be some type of blockage in the machine tub itself? The censors seem to be working because when I left the lid up on the machine, it was beeping and displayed "lid".

Your problem is classic for a clogged drain or drain pump. I would remove the drain pump to see if it is blocked up, if clean then I would remove the inner tub to see if a rag went over the top and covering the drain port. I have seen this a lot on these Cabrio washing machines.

If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Can you tell me where the "drain pump" is and or how I remove the inner tub?

Here is the drain pump

Drain Pump W10536347       Main Product View

Here is a video on how to replace it, which will show you how to get to it. Click on the blue link below to watch it.

Click_here

Here is a video on removing the inner tub for you.

Click_Here