Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

we are part of the storm.....brown out....then out for 4 days.

we are part of the storm.....brown out....then out for 4 days. i have a ge stove JS968 JD968. the panel in the front with all the controls will not come on, it is blank. I looked in my manuel and could not find an answer. please do help befoe we call a repair man. we never hooked it to a generator. is there a fuse, or something we are not seeing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. I'm sorry to hear your having issues with your range. do you own a volt meter? do you have circuit breakers or fuses in your home ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes we have a volt meter and we have circuit breakers

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, carefully can you first unplug the range and remove the cover on the back where the cord connects and you will see the terminal block. test between the two outside terminals. you should get 220 volts. are you ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is electric to the stove.....burners work.....control panel in the front does not come on....completely blank.....set cancel button and nothing comes up.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay . if the burners work then the power is good, theres no fuse in the range that interrupts power to the clock , Did you have any power spikes when the storm hit ? Did the power go of and on before it went off for good ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oh yes.....................on brown out, then on then out..............1:30 at nite.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately thats bad news.these clocks/controls are very sensitive to brownouts and power spikes. your control has failed. Oven Control Board WB27T10406 Main Product Viewhopefully your covered under your ins. this control is $280.00 plus the labor to replace. the part number is WB27T10406 this will need to be replaced. sorry for the bad news I know you have had enough of that. hope this helps though, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.