Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore refrigerator model 106.53332300 not getting cold

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are both the refrigerator and freezer room temperature?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

almost food in freezer has defrosted, worked last night, wife called in am while i was at work said it wasn't cold. No water dripping on floor. hear some motor running but not sure what is.

OK so the first thing you need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Is the fan behind this panel running? And are the silver coils below the fan frosted up at all? Lightly frosted from top to bottom? No frost? Some frost on top but not on bottom?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good news I found a salmon fillet that is defrosted for dinner.

Sorry had to throw that in

Fan is running

No frost on coils top or bottom

hah, well at least you know what's for dinner now.

As for the coils not frosting, that means your compressor isn't running but the refrigerator does now it needs to be cooling because the fan is running trying to cool the unit down. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One more, if overload switch what is replacement part number and approx cost?

The part is about $46 and you need part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN Below is a link to the kit you'd need to order for your model.