Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

looking for a new bottom hinge and cam for GE monogram built

looking for a new bottom hinge and cam for GE monogram built in frig serial number RAO32197
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number (not the serial number) so that I can look up the part for you? And are you look for the bottom hinge on the refrigerator or the freezer door?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Refrig door. Older model 15-20 years. The plate has been abraded over the years and is hard to read. The model # XXXXX XXXXX Also I made $30 deposit last night that is currently pending on my CC account. I don't want to pay 2x for this.

Can you look at the number closer or if you have the use and care booklet it should be on there ?

but with out a good number I nor anyone else will be able to assist you !

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX The following link is what I need only reversed. This hinge is shaped like an r but the hinge I need is shaped like an L and fits above the door bottom. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Hinge-Cam/WR13X10020/2236

That helped I was able to find a model number that the bottom hinge was on and found a part number for the upper hinge .

But three differant parts dealers including Repair Clinic show the part as no longer available.

the part is WR13x601

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Hinge-top-asm/WR13X601/292390

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line