romr2009
romr2009, Repair Technician
Experience:  32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control
24179821

I have ge washer model #wjsr2070b2ww it washesm fine but when

I have ge washer model #wjsr2070b2ww it washesm fine but when it gets to spin cycle it won't spin dry I replaced the door switch and it didn't work I used a jumper on the switch and nothing. What could be keeping oit from spinning.
When the washer should be spinning ,can you hear the motor running ?
Hello Sir or Madam and thanks for choosing the JustAnswer.com Appliance category.

• Check the water level pressure switch.
  • Item #10 in the drawing below:

http://www.a-1appliance.com/diagramenlarge/4/00117000/1395776/201951

• The basket will not spin if it thinks the tub is still full of water.

http://www.a-1appliance.com/product/WH12X10065-SWITCH-PRESSURE

romr2009, Repair Technician
Experience: 32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not with the washer right now you have any other suggestions before I go back. Is there any way that I can bypass the switch in the mean time to disqualify the pressure switch.

• The pressure switch has one common terminal and connects to either the full or empty terminals.
  • Remove the clear plastic hose from the switch and blow into the switch to make it click from the empty connection to the full connection.
  • Also blow through the clear plastic hose (goes to the water level near the bottom of the tub) to check that it is not clogged.

-----

• If you have a meter you can check the voltage in either position.

-----

• If you don't have a meter, the follow the hot wire from the power cord to the common terminal on the pressure switch.
  • Mark the wires connected to the other 2 terminals on the pressure switch.
  • When the washer is in the spin mode, disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet to remove the other 2 wires from the pressure switch and cover the ends with insulation to prevent short-circuits.
  • Keep the common wire connected to its terminal.
  • Then jumper the common terminal to one of the free wires to see if it spins.
  • Apply power and test.
  • If not, disconnect power, remove that free wire and try the other free wire.

-----

• Click the link below for a schematic.

http://appliantology.org/gallery/sizes/345-ge-washer-wjsr2070b2ww-schematic/small/

Updated below

• Remove the clear plastic hose from the switch and blow into the switch using a plastic straw to make it click from the empty connection to the full connection.

-----

-----

• Apply power and test.

-----

• Click the link below for a schematic.