Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our dishwasher has never adequately cleaned our dishes. we

Our dishwasher has never adequately cleaned our dishes. we have tried everything = making sure the water is hot at the washer before starting it, using rinse, adding extra soap, using the hotcycle etc. Today we put well washed clean glasses in and they came out with a grey film an parts of them. We are now wondering if the rince cycle is not working correctlly
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Your issue can be caused for two reasons, either you have a detergent issue or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

If that doesn't fix your problem then it sounds like you'll need to use an additive called "Glass Magic" or baking soda to help the dishes clean (baking soda is the home remedy and doesn't work as well as Glass Magic). About 6 months ago, detergent companies changed their formulas and removed phosphates in the detergent due to regulations which makes them not perform well at all. Go to the two links below and you can read why your dishes are going to bad. The 2nd one is a video from my local news that aired recently.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.