Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Jenn-Air fridge that fluctuates in temperature from

I have a Jenn-Air fridge that fluctuates in temperature from 32 to 38 as it pleases. The freezer is not affected at all. The temp up or down does not seem to affect it. I have cleaned the coils recently. Is there anything I may do to ameliorate the situation or do I need a repair/service technician to attend and if I do what might I expect the problem to be. This has been ongoing for 3 weeks now. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model jfc2089hpy
ser 11876091jg
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is the display changing or are montoring it with a thermometer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

display changing

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
We need to see if the thermister is going bad or the Jazz Board, you would have to put a thermometer in the fridge section and monitor it for about 2 or 3 hours and see if the temps are actually changing or just the display.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the temperatures are definitely dropping, because items in the fridge are freezing or near freezing as the temp drops. Then it just goes back to 38 degrees and stays for awhile and drops again with no rhyme or reason.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

You then have a bad user interface / control board, if you decide to repair it yourself then you will need part number 67005397, You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

.

.

If you decide to have someone else do the repair then You can call A&E Factory Service @ 1.800.905.9505 to have it repaired

.

.

User Control and Display Board W10207861 Main Product View

.

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

.

.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech