Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an electric Thermador wall oven model C271BS/02. After

Customer Question

I have an electric Thermador wall oven model C271BS/02. After beginning to preheat, the oven turns off and gives error code F 34.
The oven can be turned on again and set to a new mode and temperature and will usually again turn off and give same code. After several attempts using different modes and temps, sometimes the oven will preheat to desired temp. and work. Other times it will not. From my research online, error codes indicate a bad oven temp sensor. Where is this located? Is it easy to replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This error 34 means there is an issue with the oven thinking the upper oven cooling fan isn't working properly. The uppoer oven cooling fan has a built-in "Hall sensor" that if it doesn't sense the fan turning properly will detect this error. So whether the sensor is bad or the fan itself is bad, the solution is the same---the cooling fan motor will need to be ordered and repalced. Below is a link to the part you need to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. XXXXX consider anything else being wrong or is this a pretty specific situation and repair? Is this an easy repair to perform?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing that can possibly cause this error is a bad relay control board not reading the sensor properly. But I've never seen it happen myself and there is no way to test anyways if that happens to be the case, so replacing the cooling fan is definitely the best solution here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this an easy repair for me to perform.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't call it easy for anyone. The part is just plug and play and it's easy to replace, but you need to remove the entire oven and remove the back panel to access the part for replacement. That would definitely be the difficult part.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any other tips for making this repair? Are there any guides, manuals, websites, etc that would be helpful?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There are not any guides or manuals unfortunately. Thermador does all their training with the techs hands on. The only thing else that I would think to be helpful that I do is removing the oven doors. It make the oven lighter and give you better access to pull on the oven to pull it forward. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the door for your style oven.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again. I'll give it a try. I may have some follow up questions. You've be very helpful.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
alright, good luck to you.