MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

I have a Frigidare oven model # XXXXX The oven was in

Customer Question

I have a Frigidare oven model # XXXXX The oven was in use when we heard a bit of a bang. There was a little bit of smoke and the control panel was completely blank and would not react to any of its buttons being pushed. I tried the stove elements and they all worked fine. I turned off my breaker and unplugged the the oven for a few minutes. When I put everything back on the control panel was working again so I tried using the oven. It reacted as if it was working properly, you could hear the audible click that it makes when it recieves a signal to start warming up but the elements did not start to heat. I also tried it with the broiler and still no luck. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
This will only be solved with a proper diagnosis. I would access the control area first and look for a physical mark of a short as something blew out here and should be readily apparent per your remarks of what happened. You will need to look at the underside of the control boards as the solder joint areas will show up as blackened where a failure occurred in most all instances. If nothing looks bad then a voltmeter will be needed to trace the fault out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I access the control area?

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
You have to remove the console-the screws that hold it on should be visible; you may need to pull the oven out a bit as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The screws that I have found are within the oven opening and on the side but nothing opens up.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
Pull the oven out- there is nothing hidden here.