MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

My washing machine did not drain but when I put the hose on

My washing machine did not drain but when I put the hose on the floor it did drain out., Does that mean a new washer or should I look into repair. The dryer bombed out 6 mos. ago.
A bad or clogged up drain pump is probably the issue here, so I would make sure nothing is jamming it up inside-especially if you can feel it hum when the unit is on spin. A new pump is not that expensive, but a proper diagnosis must be made here before assuming anything. Check the obvious first.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I guess, Did ck the hose how do I ck the pump? Or should I call a repair tech. now.

You would need to access the pump to do this, so if that is not something you can do then call someone who can give you a diagnosis on this. Keep in mind that replacing just one part does not give new life to any others, so don't let it become a money pit.