Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

I HAVE KENMORE 300 SERIES WATER SOFTNER, AND ONLY WAY THAT

I HAVE KENMORE 300 SERIES WATER SOFTNER, AND ONLY WAY THAT I CAN GET TO RECHARGE IS PUSH EITHER THE SOFTEN NOW OR LATER. I HAVE DONE ALL THE TESTS NECY AND ALL OK, BUT WILL NOT RECHARGE ON IT'S OWN.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Go to the following sears website. This site has all the cleaning, and user information that you need on your water softener. Click on the timer animation to check if you have it set correctly. Then follow thru the troubleshooting animation as well, to make sure to have maintained it correctly. If the unit does not regenerate at the time you select, then you may have a faulty control board. Here is the site that will give you easy-to-follow info on your unit......If you find this information helpful, please give me a great rating. If not, please respond back to get further information......thank you

http://www.kenmorewater.com/website/animations/water-softener-troubleshooting.html

Did that information help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
JasonThanks for information.what you have told me says I have bad control board, also thanks for Website. I'll further check there to clarify I have done all I can do.chuck

Yes, use the website to its fullest extent, a very good site to follow indeed. If you feel that the information that I have given was helpful, please give me a great rating. Thank you very much again!