Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE Profile French Door refrigerator model PFS22SISBSS. It

I have a GE Profile French Door refrigerator model PFS22SISBSS.
It has stopped cooling. Refrigerator temp 55F , freezer 37F. It does not respond to manual adjustment. There is a also a intermittent "clicking " sound coming from the back of the unit. Any ideas
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the overload relay is the problem, can I get the part and fix it myself.?

If you're handy you certainly can do that. But if you need a compressor, that is not something you can fix yourself.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The overload relay doesn't seem to rattle. Is it obvious or should I just replace the part? Is the refrigerator worth the repair cost of a new ?

A relay is only about $50 and a compressor is about $550 so if you wanted to be 100% certain, I'd just replace the relay since that is something you can do yourself and is much much cheaper than the compressor.